Have you ever had “one of those weeks?” For some reason, it’s been like that for me. Even so, I have tried to make time to work on things that must be done…and add in some fun stuff too. I spent the first part of the week doing some volunteering at church and then working on my homemaking binder. The binder is not completed yet but I only have a few more things I need to add. The categories I have in the binder include:
1. Home Planning (calendars, insurance cards, important numbers and dates)
2. Financial Records (budget and upcoming needs, contribution records)
3. Menu Planning (menu calendar for each week, inventory records of my freezer, pantry and larder, as well as shopping list and coupon planning. Favorite recipes/recipes to try)
4. Faith Accountability (my Bible reading schedule, my prayer wheel, my prayer list, missions projects, visitation records, Bible studies and favorite Christian music)
5. Crafts, Hobbies, Gardening and Reading/Book list (projects completed, projects in progress and projects I would like to attempt, DMC floss color chart and checkoff list…garden/canning plans and recipes, herbs and their usages, “Books I’ve Read” list and “Books to Read” list)
A new craft I want to attempt is English Paper-Piecing. My blog friend Sarah-Anne has inspired me by posting a wonderful tutorial on her blog:
I think you will enjoy reading about Sarah-Anne while you are there and that you will be blessed by her, as I have been. Hubby was very kind today and took me to pick out some rather inexpensive fabric to get me started with my plans. Now I am ready to start cutting out my templates!
This evening, after fabric shopping and grocery shopping, I came home and whipped up 3 more batches of homemade detergent. My kitchen smells wonderfully fresh!
I am so thankful that God gives us strength for each new day. Even when things are hard, and relationships are tense, and nothing seems to be falling into place, the Lord is firmly in control…and I should remind myself to simply rest in His promises.
But now, this is what the LORD says……”Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned….
For I am the LORD, your God,
the Holy One of Israel…..Your Savior.”
~Isaiah 43: 1-3